Wow. That’s the only word that I can truly use when in regards to this last month, let alone the last few months. Honestly, I’m not particularly sure where I should start. Perhaps I should just start with everything that has been happening this month. Perhaps, the starting point should on July 6th. That day has signified a huge, and distinctive change in my life. At 4:30 PM, I went to the Kamuf, Pace and Kamuf law offices and signed some very official paperwork. That paperwork was the contracts, loans, and paperwork for my own slice of heaven. My very OWN house. My home.

I could not be happier with the fact that I’m now living in my own place. Not an apartment, nor a condo, nor anything else being rented. It’s my OWN home. So now, I once again proved naysayers and others that I’m not a liar, and I had been looking for a house for well over a year and half. Funny how I take my time, and find exactly what I was looking for.

July 7, 2011, turned out to be a very interesting day. After just moving into the house on the 6th, I had to head to Lexington at 5 AM. This road trip had been pre-planned, to a degree. This trip was to take my best friend, his fiancee, the groomsmen, and the bridesmaids to Kings Island for a day of fun in the sun. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to ride too many rides. I had developed a severe case of heat exhaustion and dehydration. As we were waiting in line to get aboard The Beast, the heat exhaustion hit me, and I had to leave in an immediate hurry. After that, I had been in a rather embarrassing situation the rest of the day. To put it simply, I had to get a change of clothes for the rest of the day. Unfortunately, the illness didn’t pass until well after the weekend.

July 9, 2011. Matt’s wedding. I’m proud, and happy to say that I was part of such a momentous occasion in his life. I have been friends with him since the first day of our first semester at Murray State. That day in August 2003, we met at 8:30 AM in our Monday thru Friday Algebra and Trigonometry class. Suffice to say, we have been friends ever since. There is no possible way a friend could be more proud than to be involved in such a wondrous moment in one’s life. Despite being ill, I was more than willing to sacrifice my comfort so I could be there for him. After all, he let me move in with him for 4 months when I had been laid off from my previous job. For lack of better words, my friendship with him has been a Godsend. I would have done the same for him.

The time between those events, and recent days have been a total blur. Between work, and trying to find the energy to unpack, and visiting with family and Granny at the nursing home, I can’t discern many days apart. A few days have sufficiently stood out since then. July 16th, a friend of mine lost his life. He had been ill for months, and then he was suddenly gone. I miss him. I wish I got to know him better, but he was always a good friend through the time I had known him, and always had good advice, whether you were looking for it or not. May he rest in peace.

July 24th, I turned 26. As of that day, my age is now exactly half of my mother’s. I love her dearly, and am so glad that she is still with us today. To think that 4 years ago, we almost lost her. It’s still a difficult topic for me to think upon, let alone talk about, but there is one thing for certain; I’m very happy that she’s still here to listen to me when I need help or advice.

Well, although I have so much more rattling within my head, I just can’t seem to focus on a topic to continue writing on an elongated post. July has been an exciting month, as well as the last few months. Perhaps there will be time soon enough for relaxation, remembrance, and a good time.